Manomet’s Grocery Stewardship Certification (GSC) program helps grocery retailers save money and resources by increasing operational efficiency. The program gives retailers the tools to reduce overhead costs, boost employee engagement, and benchmark store performance without making major capital investments.
Launched in 2012, more than 640 grocery stores are already enrolled in the GSC – with 500 stores receiving certification – making it the leading grocery sustainability program in North America. Learn more about which grocery stores are certified by the GSC here.
GSC retailers saving an average of $69K – learn how
The Grocery Stewardship Certification program is delivering strong results for retailers enrolled in the program. Stores enrolled in the GSC are finding that they’re saving an average of $69,000 annually through current operational sustainability measures! When it comes to specific resources, retailers enrolled are also saving:
- 113,000 lbs. Food Waste
- 506,000 lbs. Recycled Waste
- 172,000 kilowatts of Electricity
- 1,000 MT of Greenhouse Gases
- 170,000 gallons of Water
While there are several programs that focus on the performance of certain ‘flagship’ stores, Manomet’s GSC program is the only sustainability certification program to reduce costs, engage employees and boost energy efficiency in stores at any level. The GSC gives food retailers the tools to:
- Measure the monetary value of your existing sustainability efforts chain-wide.
- Ensure consistency and accountability at the store-level for actions that reduce waste and save money.
- Gain additional opportunities (up to $60,000 per store) to save money/resources and generate revenue.
The Grocery Stewardship Certification program is the most cost-effective way for food retailers to get a complete look at what each store in their chain is doing operationally to be more sustainable, save money and save resources.
- Two New York State Wegmans stores earn Grocery Stewardship Certification
- FRESH Coalition moving forward
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Iceless Seafood Cases
- Five More ShopRite Stores Earn Grocery Stewardship Certification
- Safeway Becomes First Food Retailer in California to Enroll in Manomet’s Grocery Stewardship Certification
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- February 2015