Want to know the latest sustainable grocery store news, the Grocery Stewardship Certification program and other sustainability news?
We love to share the latest news from our grocery stores who received the Grocery Stewardship Certification and what our program is up to, plus the latest on energy efficiency, LED lighting, refrigerant best practices and more. For information about the latest on sustainable grocery stores and how they are reducing waste, improving their operating efficiency and saving money, check out our news articles and press clippings, subscribe to our monthly newsletter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!
- We’re proud of the news coverage that we get from the media about the Grocery Stewardship Certification program and about the retailers enrolled. Check out our recent GSC news clips for a better understanding of the program and the recognition it delivers to participating food retailers!
- In December 2014, Peter Cooke from the Grocery Stewardship Certification (GSC) program participated in a webinar with the EPA’s GreenChill Partnership -a partnership with food retailers to reduce refrigerant emissions and decrease their impact on the ozone layer and climate change – to explain the sustainability best practices that the GSC demonstrates to store-level employees. George Parmenter, Manager of Sustainability for Delhaize America, joined Peter in the presentation to talk about Hannaford’s participation in the GSC and the continuing success of their sustainability work. Watch the webinar now!
- Need to know more about the benefits of being a GSC certified grocery store? Download our More on the GSC one-page pdf. for a quick, printable overview of the Grocery Stewardship Certification program.
- Making the business case for sustainability is important. Our one-pager will help you make the case to your company leadership and colleagues. Download Making the Business Case now!
- FRESH Coalition moving forward
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Iceless Seafood Cases
- Five More ShopRite Stores Earn Grocery Stewardship Certification
- Safeway Becomes First Food Retailer in California to Enroll in Manomet’s Grocery Stewardship Certification
- Grocers Cut Waste, But Does It Earn Them Customers?